Kathleen M. Anderson, PhD, MBA, PT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Assistant Professor, Division of Physical Therapy
Assistant Professor, Division of Physical Therapy
PhD, University of Minnesota (Rehabilitation Science), 2008
MBA, University of St. Thomas (Health Care Concentration), 1993
BS, University of Minnesota (Physical Therapy), 1979; BS, University of Minnesota (Biology), 1977
Dissertation, Motor Control and Cortical Activation in Functional Ankle Instability
Low back pain, Physical therapist education.
Clinical care of musculoskeletal conditions
- Lim TKY, Anderson KM, Hari P, Di Falco M, Reihsen, TE, et al. Evidence for a role of nerve injury in painful intervertebral disc degeneration; a cross-sectional proteomic analysis of human cerebrospinal fluid. Journal of Pain. 2017;18:1253-1269.
- Nelson, PR, Boissonnault JS, Anderson KM, Figuers C, Dockter MK. Survey on curricular content of doctor of physical therapy guidelines for women’s health content in professional physical therapist education: 2014 update. Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. 2016;40:61-76.
- Figuers C, Boissonnault JS, Nelson PR, Dockter MK, Anderson KM. Technical report on using the systems and patient management model in women’s health DPT curricular guidelines. Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. 2016;40:77-83.
- Dockter MK, Boissonnault JS, Anderson KM, Nelson PR, Figuers C. Pelvic floor examination training for the doctor in physical therapy student: results from the academic and clinical communities. Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. 2016;40:84-88.
- Boissonnault JS, Anderson KM, Dockter MK, Nelson PR, Figuers C. Comparison of Section of Women’s Health, American Physical Therapy Association, Guidelines for Women’s Health Content in Professional Physical Therapist Education: 2005 to 2014. Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. 2016;40:89-100.
- Fricton J, Anderson K, Clavel A, Fricton R, Hathaway K, Kang W, Jaeger B, Maixner W, Pesut D, Russell J, Weisberg MB, Whitebird R. Preventing chronic pain: a human systems approach – results from a massive open online course. Global Advances in Health and Medicine. 2015;4:23-32.
- Tajerian M, Alvarado S, Millecamps M, Dashwood T, Anderson KM, Haglund L, Ouellet J, Szyf M, Stone LS. DNA methylation of SPARC and chronic low back pain. Molecular Pain. 2011; 7:65.
- Carey JR, Durfee WK, Bhatt E, Nagpal A, Weinstein SA, Anderson KM, Lewis SM. Comparison of finger tracking versus simple movement training via telerehabilitation to alter hand function and cortical reorganization after stroke. Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair. 2007;21:216-232.
- Carey JR, Anderson KM, Kimberley TJ, Lewis SM, Auerbach EJ, Ugurbil K. fMRI analysis of ankle movement tracking training in subject with stroke. Experimental Brain Research. 2004;54:281-290.
- Anderson K, Boissonnault J, Dockter M, Nelson P, Figuers C. New Guidelines for Women’s Health Content in Professional Physical Therapist Education. World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress, July 2, 2017. Cape Town, South Africa. SI-PT-03-04-SUN2.
- Sorenson M, Thomas M, Traffas S, Traxler B, Anderson KM. Patient-reported Outcomes of Physical Therapy Interventions for Chronic Ankle Instability. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, February 6, 2014. Las Vegas, NV. Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy. 2014; 44;A138.
- Sorenson M, Thomas M, Traffas S, Traxler B, Anderson KM. Patient-reported Outcomes of Physical Therapy Interventions for Chronic Ankle Instability. Minnesota Physical Therapy Association Fall Conference, November 16, 2013, Rochester, MN
- Anderson KM, Ludewig PL. Motor Control in Stair Descent in Functional Ankle Instability. World Physical Therapy 2011, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (A-210-0066-03737, June 2011)
- Anderson KM, Ludewig PL. Motor Control in Stair Descent in Functional Ankle Instability. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 2010; 40:A29.
- Anderson KM, Hari P, Gadani SG, Hanson A, Gustafson C, Pinto MR, Dykes DC, Perra JH, Stone LS, Kehl LJ. Evaluation of objective measures of pain and function for translational pain research in lumbar degenerative disc disease. Abstract presented to 12th World Congress on Pain, Glasgow, Scotland (PT108, August 2008).
- Anderson KM, Carey JR. Movement control and cortical activation in functional ankle instability. Neurology Report. 2005;29(4):196.
- Anderson KM, Carey JR. fMRI analysis of cortical activation following ankle movement tracking training in subject with stroke. Abstract presented to 14th International Congress of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy Barcelona, Spain (June 2003).
- Anderson KM, Carey JR. fMRI analysis of cortical activation following ankle movement tracking training in subject with stroke. Neurology Report. 2002;26(4):191.
Course coordinator and primary instructor Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation I and II; Pelvic floor anatomy; Musculoskeletal topics, Geriatric Residency
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, American Physical Therapy Association, April 1996, re-certified May 2005, 2015
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, 2001, 2010
- Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Medical School